MC4 Connector Y type 3 to 1 Y Style Branch Connector Cables for solar panels- Male & Female pair
– 1 set includes 3 male and 1 female or 1 male and 3 female connector cables
– The main cable is 4 sq mm, the branch cable is 4 sq mm
– This photovoltaic branch connector set is the perfect solution to link any number of solar panels with the capacity of anti-aging and resistance to ultraviolet radiation on the out cover.
– The length of cable with connector depends on the customer’s needs.
– Convenient installation, strong commonality to meet the using requirement under the bad outdoor condition
Rate voltage: 1000V
Main cable size: 4mm2(12AWG)
Branch cable size:4mm2(12AWG)
Rated current: 40A
Contact resistance: under 5mΩ
Wire size range: 4/6mm2
Protection degree: IP67
Operating temperature: -40°C…+85°C
Insulation material: PPO
Contact material: Copper, Tin plated
Unmating force: 200 Newton
Locking system: MC4 Snap-in
1.What’s the specialty of this connector?
This connector is used for connecting three solar panels together in parallel. If you want to connect three positives together and three negatives together of three solar panels, then you can use one (male-female) pair of MC4 3 in 1 Y connector to connect it. Of course, this assumes that all solar panels are already using MC4 connectors.
2. Do we need to buy MC4 connector along with it for connecting cables?
Yes, if MC4 connectors are not already there in connecting cables, then you must purchase MC4 connectors separately.
3. Is the use of branch connector/y connector right according to IEC/IS standards?
If your current rating of MC4 and MC4 3 in 1 Y connectors is within limits then there is no problem.
MC4 connector is used to connect positive cable to negative cable (for example connecting solar panels in series) while MC4 3 in 1 Y connector is used to connect to positive cables together (connecting solar panels in parallel).
There are no reviews yet.